so i’m sure you’re asking yourself, “leigh, you’re a smoking hot babe! how the eff do you know anything about football?!” well, dear readers, i’m more than just a pretty face. i’m smart, well read, and resourceful too.
so, here’s my top ten list of winning strategies:
1. read the rules. it took 3 weeks before i realized W/R meant you could choose a wide receiver OR a running back for that position.
2. choose your players on tuesday. you can make changes all the way up to game time. this allows you to go on the weekly unemployment drinking binge and not have to worry whether or not you have chosen your team. this is really important late in the season when there are thursday night games.
3. do not choose wide receivers that have your opponent’s quarterback that week. there is nothing worse than getting points for your team that are immediately offset.
4. keep one kicker and one defense. use these two extra picks to get more quarterbacks, running backs, and/or wide receivers.
5. take the best players available for your bench. having matt forte and cederick benson on my bench helped prevent me from losing to another team.
6. do not comment about “what ifs.” the score is the score.
7. be careful about smack talk. karma smacks back (you know who you are….)
8. use all your resources: injury reports, player news, yahoo writers.
9. have your spouse review every pick.
10. give credit where credit is due. thanks hubs.
next up, a guest post from the man behind the fantasy virgin. he’s also a virgin blogger, and he’s been begging for a chance to smack down everyone who’s been calling me a SLUT for the last few weeks. i’m going to let him.
love and kisses,