since i got laid off in november, i’ve been adjusting to being a stay-at-home mom and trying to figure out what the hell unemployed women actually do all day to keep themselves busy, besides being in charge of the laundry, and i’ve finally developed a schedule to keep my hours filled. here are some of my new found daily pleasures:
- making breakfast for the kids
- driving my daughter to school at 6:45am every morning in my pajamas despite the fact that the middle school bus passes right in front of our house
- driving my son to school at 8:30am every morning in my pajamas (i know! damn texas school schedules!) despite the fact that the elementary school bus passes right in front of our house
- taking a nap after everyone leaves
- foregoing the daily shower
- renouncing makeup
- lounging around in the clothes that i slept in all night
- thinking about going to the gym and deciding i will go tomorrow
- lying on the couch watching soaps until everyone gets home
- making home-cooked dinners every night
- helping the kids with their homework
- getting the kids showered and ready for bed
- throwing down a few cocktails
- staying up late and watching tivoed episodes of the train wreck that is rock of love bus
and i’m FINE people, i’m really, really FINE.
anyway, so this morning after i dropped my daughter off at school, i realized that i was out of creamer and the thought of going home and drinking coffee watered down with milk was just too much to bear.
“hey!” i said to myself. “walmart’s open 24 hours and it’s just around the corner from the school. i can pop in there and be home before anyone else wakes up.”
so i went… in these and my jammie pants. hey! don’t give me that look! i don’t have a problem! these are REALLY nice slippers.